The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that many of us are required to work from home to follow social distancing protocols. If you didn’t already have some sort of at-home office or workstation set up, you were probably left scrambling to create a makeshift office for the time being. Here's how you can upgrade your workspace to make the most out of your office area while working from home.
Virtual Ergonomics Assessment
"Ergonomics" is the investigation of workers’ efficiency and positioning in their workspace. Ergonomic problems may result in reduced productivity, decreased quality of work, and safety issues leading to injury and discomfort. Ergonomic assessments and improvements, in turn, may lead to enhanced productivity, quality of work, safety, and employee comfort.
Waterloo Ergonomic Assessment at Absolute Rehab Centre
Some benefits of our ergonomic assessments include:
- Virtual assessments to visualize the employee in their work environment
- Improved employee safety
- Enhanced employee comfort
- Reduced risk of injury and fatigue
- Increased productivity
Our ergonomic assessment consultation allows us to:
- Visualize your work environment to problem-solve potential efficiency errors
- Utilize evidence-based objective assessment tools to identify ergonomic issues
- Offer suggestions for adjustments and mitigation opportunities
- Provide professional insight into workspace design, product purchases, and movement strategies to enhance your health at work
How Our Ergonimc Assessments Work:
STEP 1: CALL OR EMAIL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Call us at 519-880-1733 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your ergonomic consultation. If you are a new client, this is your chance to outline what you hope to gain from this assessment. Feel free to include any relevant information so we know a little more about you and your work environment before we begin.
Book Your Virtual Ergonomics Assessment
STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR PRE-ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOS
Pre-assessment documents can be found under forms on our website. Please email (1) Ergonomic Intake Form and Consent Form and (2) Three Workplace photos to email@example.com. Photo directions are outlined in the document entitled “Before Your Assessment” located in the file that we will send you via email. Once we have your documents, the therapist conducting the assessment will send you a confirmation email which will include the date, time and meeting link for your ergonomic assessment.
STEP 3: INITIAL ERGONOMIC CONSULTATION
The initial ergonomic consultation will allow our therapists to gather important information, including history of injuries, job task requirements, and to examine your work environment. We will utilize objective assessment tools to identify job risks, and will create a personalized plan to reconfigure your workspace for your unique needs. Our goal is to gain an understanding of your work station and help improve it.
STEP 4: ANALYZING PERIOD
At this time, your physiotherapist will analyze the information gained from the assessment to create an individualized plan. This plan may include equipment recommendations, posture education, stretches and/or exercises. Our goal is to make your work environment safer and help you to prevent future pain or injury.
STEP 5: IMPLEMENTATION SESSION
The implementation session will allow our therapists to present their action plan and help you to improve your ergonomic set up through a virtual medium. The action plan may include alternations with chair/monitor/keyboard/mouse set up, additional equipment advice, exercise and stretches, job-specific education and advice surrounding workplace posture.
STEP 6: FOLLOW UP SESSION
Approximately 3-4 weeks after the implementation session, a follow-up session will occur. The follow-up session allows our therapists to check in on your progress and to answer any questions regarding the action plan. We want to ensure that all of your goals are met so that we can enhance your well-being and improve your workplace quality of life.
- Initial Assessment (Approx. 45 min virtual assessment with therapist) - $90
- Analyzing Period (Approx. 1-2 week turn around for therapist to create plan) -$60
- Implementation Session (Approx. 30 min virtual with therapist to implement plan) - $50
- Follow-Up (Approx. 30mins virtual with therapist 2-4 weeks after Implementation) - $50
- Email Correspondence (Approx. 4 emails to clarify any information from plan)